Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
We have banned nobody on the spot, unless it was for ban evasion.
We have also never put anyone in the "Village Idiot" category.
Mostly that was the old mods, who are long gone.
I would appreciate if we could stop with the "TEH MODS R NAZI's" type discussion. Nobody's going to get banned just for posting a question; that was awile back, and we don't do those kinds of things.
But in return, I would expect everyone to stop flaming noobs, read the FAQ, and try to be as helpful as possible. That is the best thing the community can do to help on the forums at the moment.

Actually i can honestly say that i have never seen a Mod here threaten anyone that didn't need it. I have never seen a Mod Blatently insult anyone. I can say that i don't believe you guys are forum Nazi's. However other members of the staff have had this attitude. If anything i commend the mods here, and they have certainly acted more distinguished from the last batch. They need more people like you on the team. Now most of the Devs i have seen usually keep their composure (And i know it's tough dealing with the public) However there have been some very direct insulting remarks that were not needed. I don't care if someone is doing it for free and in their spare time, btw i have nothing but repspect for that. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you can't respond to the public in a civil, respectable fashion, then have a Mod do it for you. The worst thing in the world is to see a Dev get into a flame war with a member of the community. While some people find it entertaining, most don't. They find it as time and energy that could be put into other, more positive things.....like working on the emu. Thanks to everyone working hard to make it happen!

Last edited by Van; 03-30-2007 at 10:47 AM.