View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Dannyjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
This is not saying that we will have an exact ETA. This is not saying that the server is almost finished. Please don't take things out of context.

This is simply saying that we are growing closer to RC1.0 and that we might be able to estimate about how much more time it will be before having all the features implemented that will be included in RC1.0 AFTER we decide exactly what will be in RC1.0.

Again, not saying that the server will be ready on August 14, 2009. There is no way to know for sure when we will be done. Stop the speculation and misinformation please.
I read each post and did not see any misinformation. I did not see anyone say we were getting an ETA. I did see a lot of excitement over the fact that the update stated that with the upcoming changes/projects, would put us close to knowing when a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible. So I did not see anyone taking things out of context, just a lot of excitement over the the fact that soon we will be close to knowing when we can set an ETA or a ballpark ETA is feasible.

And I must say that it really makes me feel giddy. Before this post it was like I really had no idea when an ETA could be set, 10 or 15 years from start to official release of the public servers is what I was thinking. I think this update is a huge improvement over the last one(though it was great in it's self). Everyone is not expecting an ETA in the next update, but its awesome to use those 3 little letters.

ETA ETA ETA its almost like buffing my mind,

Last edited by Dannyjax; 09-16-2008 at 11:00 PM.