View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:39 PM

Well most of all I just want to say a very heartfelt thank you.

I left SWG in early 2006, for obvious reasons I'm sure. What I missed most was a sharing an adventure with a wonderful community of people. The adventure seemed to tap into a very meaningful story that each of us carried inside of us. SWG was the first time we could share this story with like-minded others across the world. This was a truly remarkable experience, and one I've always treasured.

That experience came to and end, I I did my grieving, as have many others. I must say that I thought I would never experience this amazing adventure again. Then I came across the EMU project.

I logged in for my first time just 3 days ago. I must say, it was simply amazing. The virutal world that we all knew and loved was there once again, and people were just has helpful and welcoming as they were the first time I logged into SWG those many years ago.

Within minutes, I was interacting with people in the StarWars cantina, giving people mind buffs. It took me a while to remember how to write a music macro, but I did it! lol.

Someone showed me around to the blue frogs to pick up clothes, instruments and a vehicle. Then I saw the Christmas lights, and got to take part in what seemed like a combat test when a Krayt dragon appeared in the middle of the festivities! lol. This was an old-school dragon too, and I was murdered in moments. I loved it!

I have to say, just the opportunity to experience all of this once again, was truly fantastic. It also helped heal some of the hurt of previous losses, and perhaps moreso the way those losses came about.

It was like something important was stolen in the dead of night, and just now I've had an opportunity to see it, and experience it once again.

So, many heartfelt thanks for this project, and God Bless you all in the New Year!

Last edited by ArcAngel3; 01-01-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: baaad grammar