View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Oh noes, you have embarrased me so. If people would only take the time to read none of this would be necessary, including your need to insult me. First it could start by everyone reading the FAQ(again!) then they could take a little walk to the development area and look at the TRAC links. After digging through that if they didn't understand they could always try asking specific questions.

Come on man. Most of us are adults. If people can't take the time to read it's their loss. Why should the people in charge take the time to make update posts to the 10% of the community that comes here maybe 4-6 times a year, doesn't participate on TC and are too lazy to attempt to read?

Next time before you insult someone make you should take you own advice. I'm not a "elitist *****", I'm just one of many members of this community who is sick of people asking the same thing over and over again.
The rule (read the FAQ) doesn't justfy itself. SWGEmu's population is in question, and while it might be tiring to type "read the FAQ" or "go to the development diary" or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that someone going onto the forums and asking what's been changed lately will be turned off by the hordes of SWGEmu regulars rolling their eyes and patting one another on the back as they tell him off.

It requires so much more effort for everyone to go to the development area and read through the "TRAC" than it would for someone to make one post on the front page. And even if it didn't require more effort, that sort of reaching out to new members is attractive and will gain support for SWGEmu. It's not an unreasonable request.