View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The rule (read the FAQ) doesn't justfy itself. SWGEmu's population is in question, and while it might be tiring to type "read the FAQ" or "go to the development diary" or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that someone going onto the forums and asking what's been changed lately will be turned off by the hordes of SWGEmu regulars rolling their eyes and patting one another on the back as they tell him off.

It requires so much more effort for everyone to go to the development area and read through the "TRAC" than it would for someone to make one post on the front page. And even if it didn't require more effort, that sort of reaching out to new members is attractive and will gain support for SWGEmu. It's not an unreasonable request.
Uhhh Why would you think it's population is in question? 30k people just don't feel the need to be on here every single day. This project has been around a long time and I don't think we have to worry about it's popularity. I've been following this project off and on for nearly 3 years now. And it doesn't take any effort to look at TRAC. Saying that's some chore is like trying to justify laziness. I'm sorry man, i just don't agree with your point of view. I never have felt there was a need for the Devs or Mods to post weekly or Bi-weekly updates. The fact we have open access to read TRAC is amazing to me. People can actually see daily whats being worked on and just how complex this project is. I mean no offense to you or any one else visiting these forums, but if you can;t take the time to read and make excuses not to, it's kinda your loss.