View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadroplex View Post
I have to say one Thank you Tropicana for so eloquently stating what I have been trying to say and getting threatned with a ban for saying. Your post was both well hought out and well stated.

Noone is whining we are however discouraged by the lack of information for months on end, Tropicana was correct we have heard the mods say they same answer to the same question in a million different ways. Max however was the first to actually reassure us and so forth.

Truth is with project leaders being away for a time the people "under" Them tend to let their egos run wild, and begin acting quite unprofessionally.

NO Staff member should ever retort to a post in an insulting rude belittling or condscending manner as has been done quite often recently. They are supposed to however lead by example, be courteous, professional and so forth, not doing so or to engage in flamin or implied flaming or even just being a smartass, reflects poorly on the project as a whole, and the entire staff and leadership.

I have to say that some staff like Max are helpfull and again Max Thank you for some real information btw. But some could use a lesson in how they portray and represent the project. I understand that people get frustrated however even if you are volenteering somewhere in the real word you are expected to maintain a certain decorum of conduct, and if you do not maintain it they let you go just like any other job does. If you are staff then you need to act above the status quo of the community and certainly not be overtly rude to the community, or any member.

Let me be clear, I am not starting trouble, I am complaining to an extent but without people bringing attention to an issue nothing will ever be done about it. All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

BTW Ive talked to some of the devs recently one in particular and while i know no specifics word is this update is huge and most people should be thoroughly happy when it comes out... I foresee much silence on the forums while people are playing with the new toys lol.

So again Thank you for taking the time to give us a bit of info max it is greatly appreciated i am sure by many of us.

Please if you cant read this post as constructive criticism and respond accordingly and not flame or be rude about it please dont bother replying to it at all this is not meant to start a flame war it was meant to voice legitimate concerns.

PS: Max i am sending you a pm btw
Tropicana did nothing but act like a spoilt brat, none of his post was accurate,if he had any real interest in the SWGemu project APART from what it can do for him he would have looked for answers and found them,theres forum rules before you post on most pages.

About the only thing i can thank trop for is mentioning his guilds name STK so i can avoid its members if they join SC like the plague,this is an amazeing project to be involved in and as a fan of pre NGE its a privlage to be here,NOT a right.sure i get frustrated about waiting and lack of new info but the devs have bent over backwards to keep it simple,they dont tell you this is happening unless its happening,

if pop on TC is down lately its the users fault not the devs,its MY fault that i havent been in as much as i used to be last month and abit not anyone elses
i am in charge of my actions and im only human as are we all.

the devs have stated that they will not be tied down to a deadlines or ETAs because they are a small but dedicated bunch of ppl doing it in their FREE time after RL commitments like family and work,and i suspect that at times its actually the other way around, family and work come after the EMU P:}

I have yet to see staff acting inappropriatly on these forums in the past 2 years infact their lvl of calmness when faced with posts like trops that are simply BS surprises me,when a poster states that they are ill informed or not kept in the loop in the emu its their fault not the devs, the forums hold all the info there, if posters like trop cant be bothered looking for it then the failure is theres.

Last edited by illipthgore; 09-07-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: duh