View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Ok, hypothetical here. Government has a website that has top security information on it. Hackers find a way to steal information. Webmasters apply a prevention method that, without originally realizing it, slows down the speed of the website enormously. This information is sensitive and could cause all kinds of harm, but will be useless in a week. Now, here are the options:

A) Let the hackers run free and remove the prevention while working on a fix, because obviously the information will be wiped someday anyway, seeing as it's top secret.

B) Leave the prevention there until they can fix the security method, causing a lot pain for access, but preventing security leaks.

Hmmm, I wonder which is better....

Cuz in the end, that's the point. The server's gonna be wiped and no damage can be done like it already was, right?, anything the hackers obtain is meaningless, it'll all be taken away. So is it worth keeping them from cheating to get something they wouldn't be able to keep anyways, if it means making testing inefficient and pissing majority of the community off? If you can legitimently answer yes to that.... then wow.
That example was HORRIBLE, man. Let me fix it for you.

There, are you happy with my example now?