View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 AM

I didn't read this whole post the whole way through just the IRC Dev Chat that went on so forgive me if this issue has been brought up but I didn't want to read through 16 more pages of stuff to see if my opinion was all ready stated.

I do and I don't like the rubberbanding, I will state why I do like it and then why I don't.

I'll start off by saying I'm deployed to Iraq and anyone with internet deployed and trying to play the EMU will be able to understand. Internet sucks here like hardcore and we are lucky enough to be able to play.
The reason I see the rubberbanding good is because while I'm lagging and can't talk to Joe the Mon Calimari Doctor to get my 4XXX doctor training I get rubber banded back to the bank where I started so I know I have a little bit of a good idea of how bad I'm lagging.

The Reason I hate the rubber banding is because there are some people like me, given the example above leave Mos Eisley to go to a "Sampling Hot Spot" as I like to call them and Action heal all the people getting mineral samples or whatever they may be doing out there. I finally end up able to train and I go see the Doctor Trainer click on him 4 or 5 time to converse with him and then get rubber banded back to the camp I was just at. I lagged so bad that once my position finally showed up to the server they said oh your speed hacking lets rubber band you back to the last known spot you were at.

Just my two cents