View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravie-Pride View Post
So it will be very hard work to become a jedi... thats good for me that way if i ever become one it won't be ohh look another jedi like in SWG. I'm guessing that you don't need to be a jedi to have a litesaber because in almost every vid of SWGEMu i watch i see people with double red lightsabers... why is that?
The videos are not a good indication of pre-cu play, every player and there dog who got a jedi made a video or has a hundred screenies of there jedi. Pre-cu play for me at least was a great sandbox where you could do anything or nothing and still have fun. There was crafting which required a dedication to the collection of the best resources, group play in order to obtain the best enhancements for your trade (gorax bones, Krayt tissue, Janta blood etc. etc.) hunting parties for hides, bones and meat (these were some of the best times I had in game),searching out great clothing attachments to achieve +12 experimentation capability and then finally the satisfaction of creating a truly great suit of armour, weapon, food, buff.

Most things revolve around crafting in this game as a pure combat toon you still have tons to do after completing your template (which I found is never truly done, as there are always tweaks and improvements you can make to him/her) CA's and AA's are a must for any serious player (clothing attachments and armour attachments), collecting enhancements for weapons and armour (unless you enjoy paying through the nose for your weapons and armour) collecting schematics for the "rarer" weapons (scythe, executioners hack, Geo pistol, etc.), hunting for the ever elusive legendary weapon drops or just that great nightsister pike with the nasty mind fire.

Besides crafting and fighting is the social aspect of this game, in the cantinas there are always peeps to swap war stories with, flirt with or just shoot the sh!t, changing your appearance is something that some enjoy via image designers, even standing in line for buffs is fun, 99% of the time there is fun banter going on while everyone waits, then there is building or maintaining a city or guild.

These are just a start of what goes on in SWG pre-cu, it is not like those other games, this is not a game it is an experience.