Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 PM

Hey, just to directly answer the two suggested questions...

What do you want to be able to do with scriptable npcs?

You know, I always thought SWG should have gone a bit more in the direction of giving players Game Mastering control (For player-created content).
After playing a game for years, it is great to be able to provide content for other players and for yourself.

So, namely... Spawing combat NPC's would be an enormous element of fun.

Being able to create a situation where a squad of storm troopers run towards your group of adventurers and start shooting is a great way of creating fun (As opposed to just getting mission terminals).

Being able to have scriptable NPC's that can be conversed with and that emote and offer different lines of dialog would be most welcome.

What are you looking for in a server?
Consistent, 24 hour service, regular maintenance and stability is of course what I mainly hope for.
Eventually, I am hoping to find a server with enough like-minded players to form solid gaming experience. A huge server with hundreds of consistant players would be great... but I would definitely enjoy a smaller server with regular players that all had many alts and some GM powers so that we could all mimic a larger server (Possibly auto-skill, resources and the like possibilities... if we do not have the numbers to create and sustain the virtual economy and interdependencies).

As far as I am concerned, I've done it all in SWG and I am okay with having a veteran server where... if you want to, get what you had with a few commands and just have yourself some fun (Don't take that the wrong way though... I will definitely be enjoying working some characters up from nothing... the old game was very fun in that way, in my opinion... and I will be doing that)
Then start focusing on role-playing and running major events.
With GM powers, the abilities for creating great player events and ongoing story arcs (Especially with a smaller server community)... we could develop NPC characters that turn into arch-enemies within ongoing story arc events and campaigns.
And, of course, all this is on top of what the game already originally offered (Which is fun all in itself).

Hopefully that gave some sort of insight.

Last edited by OmaddaSzool; 03-30-2007 at 06:36 PM.