View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurokIgnis View Post
Well... I think the community would be alot better off if we didn't feel as if we're bottle necked inside.

Yeah it's open-source, but who really wants to tamper with it and set a server up if it has a 1 hour time-limit or 20 player cap?

It honestly has felt that SWGEMU is just wanting to be as professional as possible, but pissing the players off in return because they could care less about that.

I for one, have supported the emulator from the day it was mentioned years ago. But when do we stand up and say? "Alright, charade's over... go home."

It's been well over 4 years now, at least. The game would make MORE progress with people who don't want to worry about the restrictions on the source.

Why are their restrictions anyways? From "party" servers? People want to play the game and host their own servers, not be forced into one without a subscription. Or are you guys worried that someone might take the code and claim the project as their own? Perhaps ANH? Or some other unheard community?

Honestly, we need to stop worrying about glory and respecting one another and just get this damn thing done already, or at least reliable source code that can probably test much, MUCH more than the "official" server could.

This is just my 2 cents, like it or don't. It's been many years now, I think we the community should get a bigger bone.
Im sure there are rules and regs that come along with using SOE's source and title. Also i feel like your forgetting the part where this whole thing is free. Opinions and criticism definitely help keep the ball rolling but dont forget that your not have to pay for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsch View Post
you sir or madame or Fing awesome. hey guys at least two of us get it lol
He put into more extensive words what a lot of us have been saying. Its beta, its free, contribute to the devs or the community, but keep your *****ing to yourself or GTFO