View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odohvare View Post
AMEN!!!

It's a test center. Let the Exploits Fly!! Find them, fix them. And not having the ability to repeat them, kinda makes it hard to see if they are repeatable. Finding and correcting Exploits and Bugs should be the TOP Priority. Now, however, we run the risk of getting reported and then banned because we found something. Sometimes, repeating an exploit is required to figure out just exactly what happened. Personally, I don't think there should be any BANNING for exploits until the game goes GOLD. The ones I think should be banned are the people that cry all day about how much it sucks that we don't have speeders, and how long it will take them to walk to such and such place. Basically the whiners. The game is in a somewhat playable state, but that doesn't mean that is what should be happening. The primary focus is still testing, and there are so many people that get upset about little roll backs, inventory items disappearing, a busted bazaar, or not being able to be trained or train anyone. Then after they get good and ticked off, they start mouthin off to other people, or publicly cursing the devs. I think people need to be reminded that this is a test environment, not a full scale playable game. Get that back in people heads and the maybe they will realize that trying to perform and finding exploits is part of the testing process, and both the bugs and exploits need to be duplicated, in many zones, planets, etc. They may exist/work in one place and not another(ex: The broken Cantina in Theed).
STOP repeating the same old tiring phrase "It's a test center, exploiting is fine". The exploits & bugs will be found WITHOUT allowing people free passes to exploit like scum. If they are going to be on an exploiting team, make it illegal to do so on NOVA, and allow them free rains to test exploits and hacks on the PRIVATE dev server.

The ENTIRE point of NOVA being "a playable enviroment" is to test HOW their changes will affect a pseudo economy. Exploiters & hackers NEGLECT and RUIN this required testing. So please, give it a rest..they ARE harming NOVA.