View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM

OK, so after reading this I just have to ask if anyone on the exploitation team as they are so dubed has decided inorder to truely help to do something rather smiple I did last night. I didn't go to any of the sights I found, but go to google and type in Starwars Galaxies. The first 3 pages of the search are mostly hacks and cheats, probably for the NGE, but it wouldn't exactly be hard to add the words Pre-CU to that search and there ya go, google has a compiled hack/cheat list for you. Load it, see if it works, report it, and the websight it comes from so the devs can actualy download anything themselves and considering they're doing a damn good job of reverse engineering a videogame the programing of a simple hack should be easily understood by them and able to be stopped.

Now, if people are cheating to help, great, if people are cheating to win, they're morons. If you're complaining about people being let back in after they cheated simply on the grounds that it will make you lose, I say once again... YOU CANNOT WIN OR LOSE A MMORPG. You might lose a fight, but guess what, you lose to people who don't hack too. This is the mentality that drives people to cheating and hacking in the first place, the misguided and foolish notion that you actualy CAN win at a game like this. I've played EQ, SWG, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Ultima Online, NWN online, Shaiya, and even WOW on a ten day free trial and none of them ever announced that anyone had won or lost the game.

So yeah, asmuch as it is contradictory what has happend the staff should include hackers, but they shouldn't be given the keys to the kingdom, they should be given limited access with an armed guard ready to shoot at the first sign of something wrong.

Ohh, and one more thing to the post no one's gonna read ro care about anyway. Lets all remember the main thing here is that the developers are NOT dieities, they are people like everyone else, if you cut them they do not bleed weird glowing blue plasma, just normal red human blood. They make misteaks, this community seems to be holding them to a higher standard than many nations hold their leadership when they are volunteers who work on this in their free time and are funded by donations (untill one of us wins the lottery).

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice