View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Actually, if you check the dates and read of all the posts (which I do before posting something like that) you'll note that several times it stopped for over 2 months, and then was resurrected again. Every time the thing is resurrected there are a handful of people that think the post is new (because they don't check the dates)... Thus, in the mixture of continued posts you get people commenting on the original post that was made over half a year ago. Example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkonPhoenix View Post
Interesting read. I have steered clear of any drama and just look forward to a great game, no matter how long it takes. :-)
I can understand if the conversation has been going on steadily since the post began, in which case I wouldn't have commented, but to have a message resurrected every couple of months with a reply to the ORIGINAL post... That's just silly. I mean, new people to the community probably see a new post on this message, read the original without checking the date, and wonder what the hell is going on. Then the rumor mill starts and you might as well raise your drama shields (which is what the original message was trying to deter) by that point.

The devs came out and posted a brilliant message, everyone cheered them, and that should be the end of it. There's nothing left to discuss. The more you grind the original message into the dirt with resurrection after resurrection the less meaning it has. Let's remember it for what it was, a truly brilliant post that had a ton of meaning at the time, and leave it at that.

Last edited by Viper01; 01-19-2009 at 10:19 PM.