View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Actually, Breeze, the ONLY reason I've seen as to why the rubberbanding should be kept is...... um... hmmm..... Actually I haven't seen a reason given. I only ever see "it's staying", never WHY someone would decide on keeping a broken anti-hack on a server that's gonna be wiped.
The reason the "anti hack program" is left in is to stop script kiddies from "speed hacking". "The community" wanted a fix for "speed hacking" and we all got it.

Although I think it needs to be part of the emulator, like BH droids, CH profession, JTL, housing / harvesters, etc..., imo it should be fixed before being permanently implemented.

Am I able to test with rubberbanding in TC? Sure I am, but it would be less frustrating to test if it weren't implemented until fixed.

The bottom line is this, if the devs want to implement something, it gets implemented, and vice versa. It doesn't make it right, it makes this alpha project testing center their own, not the property of the community. As much as I wish we all could have a say, they've made it known that our say (the community) can have consequences, such as broken "fixes" to apply as duct tape to shut up other subjects of "whining"... so be careful what you ask for.