View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM

Sounds to me like all the most heavy cheating people did get to test the game fully, but for us all honest people that had to work to ge there .. well i didnt get that high and rich yet, takes alot time, and if they wipe now, wont even had enuf time to reach higher playing grounds, a full wipe gonna scare away lots hard working honest testers.. all the dupers and chaeters didnt loose so much time grinding etc, i bet they mind less .. and, what gonna keep em from finding other ways to exploit, we gonna face each time a wipe someone uses exploits ? its a test server anyway, bad things happen all the time, wether u gonna wipe it or not, the first day after u wiped, i am 100 % sure some bad peole still find some exploits wich they tehn use extensivley, why even bother try to fix TC if OR is at our doorstep almost... if u really want to test stuff, just add in new content to test, there are loads people now to test it !, sure bunch of em are cheaters but, who cares for the economy on a test server, i bet there will be more damage done from a wipe, the cheaters wont be gone, but lots honest non cheating people might just say they wait it out till OR since well, they did loose their honest hard work, if the server had issues and get bugged since of the old content and items, i say, do a wipe. but that isnt the case, would only wipe since some cheat... some ALWAYS cheat tho, no matter how bug free u make the game, if u would wipe just for that, then i sure vote NO, since if this is the case, u can wipe every month, people cheat all the time, in every single game, EVER made ...
so , to fix bugs and issues, Wipe Yes
to get rid of dupes and cheaters, Wipe No

thats my 2 copper, I played 10 year mmorpgs, and even in the cleanest games, there are cheaters that do find .. some way.. to cheat
so a wipe, only punish the good people, the bad people will sure find .. some .. way again to get it all faster 'again' as all the rest, so a wipe only makes the bad people be first on top ' again ' ...
so in the long run, it solved not alot, just probably did let alot people go 'hmm' that will wait now for OR and not play on test no more
I played other emulators in progress
Each wipe, there are less and less testers .. thats just a fact, doesnt has anything to do with patience
And it iddnt get rid of the cheaters tho, these keep return find new exploits
Guess i let the other people to decide what to do lol wipe or not ..
Personally, i dont think it will solve alot, in 2 months we most likely have a simular problem all over again, sad but true /
Putting in Gungan's probably would make up alot for wiping ofcourse, but that will make the economy not better if everyone can make all himself so easy since it took 1 minute to make a master crafter for instance ..
On the other hand would be good to test all professions fast lol, but i dont think it will make the economy actually better if everyone has a set of crafters
i better stop or this getting a long post P

Hugs, Pouky xxx

guess i ll just go with what get decided by the rest hehe