Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:07 AM

I know this is going to sound like I am a jerk but I see the same things being repeated in this thread and I want to try to give another perspective. No one is required to like it, I just want people to realize that they are responsible for the state of the community more then they take responsibility for.

I have watched IRC #swgemu & #test now every day since January so anything I say applies to that time frame.

One of the biggest gripes I am hearing is that new people get flamed immediately for asking questions in IRC chat. From what I have witnessed this is untrue. people rarely get flamed for asking a question but when it does happen, its because the person involved is asking a question that was answered in the FAQ's and they are just too lazy to read them even when someone is nice enough to redirect them to the forum. I have seen people get flamed a bit in IRC chat for other reason but 75% of the time that new person entered the room as if they were 13 years old and their daddy owned the place and their opinion is the only "right" one and everyone else should be forced ot listen to them. They are rude and demanding and SO MANY of them have never played the game or they only played for a few months or only during the NGE. These players are the ones I see asking very basic questions in IRC but posting tons of threads on new ideas for the game. Those types of people are the ones who screamed so loud to SOE to "balance the game" and you see where it got us. People deserved to be respected but you can NOT take ever person's gripe or opinion seriously or else we might as well just play the NGE again.