Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litintha View Post
1. The horrible attitude of the mods.
Since the mods here have stated several times, in this thread alone, that the old mods are almost all gone, i think there needs to be a statement, possibly a stickied thread in all forums, with this information. Even with newer, much more considerate, mods on the forums, people are still terrified to post anything for threat of being flamed for banned. This stems from what the old mods instilled into people. Some type of announcement needs to be made that new mods have come in, and are MUCH MORE willing to help and assist than previous mods. If this thread was stickied in all forums, more people would read and therefore, more people would post because their fears would be lifted, which leads to more community involvement.
Not sure if that would help that much, but I suppose it would not hurt posting such an announcement.

Quote:
2. We never get updates.
Another simple fix. You can create announcements on the main page, as well as threads throughout the forums, listing some of the most recent additions to Core3. This can be done weekly, bi-weekly, tri-weekly, monthy, etc. These additions may include, but not limited to: Profession tree updates, Combat updates, Stability updates, Upcoming public content testing, In-game traveling, and overall progress. With this fix, people will become informed on the status of the emulator, as well as eliminate all the 'What is being done" and "what is the progress" threads that appear.
Before one can post an announcement, there needs to be something to show. I believe the devs decided not to post a large amount of small updates, but rather a little amount of larger updates.

Quote:
3. The IRC chat is useless
If you plan on using the IRC channel as a means to communicate with the community in instant-message chat, then something needs to be done to make it more viable for it. From what i have read, people just sit in the IRC chat room and wait for some kind of update. If you want to continue to update the community on the happenings with the emulator on the IRC channel, perhaps setting a date/time for a representative from SWGEmu to give a brief summary of the progress would be a good start.
Not a bad idea either. Though I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote:
4. It is hard to get information to the community servers.
This is where my Public Relations education pays off. Perhaps once a month, set up a date/time when a representative from SWGEmu will go into IRC and hold a "press conference" type of situation. During this time, the IRC channel would be passworded off so only "reporters" from the community servers would be able to enter and ask questions. The way this "press conference" would be conducted is up to the person holding it, as long as it is conducted in a fair manner for the "reporters" who are present and asking questions.
How is this helpful?

Quote:
5. They are mean to me!
Well...not much i can say about this, but i do have a solution. When someone asks a question that is in the FAQ, please try your best to POLITELY direct them to the FAQ page for more information. After that is posted, LOCK the thread so that no one else can come in and start to flame the new member.
Some mods and members do this, others don't. I don't agree on locking the thread immediately. If the newer person has another question to ask, then he we feel bad because his thread was locked. If the problem arises that people start flaming the newer guy/girl after someone already redirected the person to th FAQ, then just give those flamers a warning/ban.