Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSky View Post
Before one can post an announcement, there needs to be something to show. I believe the devs decided not to post a large amount of small updates, but rather a little amount of larger updates.
In theory, this is probably the best way to go. However, human nature is almost always impatient. People will want updates of just about anything so they don't feel left out in the rain, so to speak.

Now, I am not saying that everytime something changes, there should be a post, such as "We fixed an animation." That is WAY too little. What i am talking about is "We have fixed several animations, along with the addition of another attack for combat testing."

That is the type of update that will keep people coming back, and not feel "left out in the rain."

Quote:
Not a bad idea either. Though I don't think it's going to happen.
At least one of my ideas worked.

Quote:
How is this helpful?
It is helpful because getting important update information to the player servers is critical in building community involvement and support. While posting weekly, bi-weekly, tri-weekly, monthly, etc. updates here is a great thing, surprisingly enough, not everyone reads the forums. So, having reps from the player servers to come and ask questions will keep the player server communities up-to-date on the happenings with the emu is another good way to keep the community involved and interested.

Quote:
Some mods and members do this, others don't. I don't agree on locking the thread immediately. If the newer person has another question to ask, then he we feel bad because his thread was locked. If the problem arises that people start flaming the newer guy/girl after someone already redirected the person to th FAQ, then just give those flamers a warning/ban.
Ok. Perhaps the auto-lock was not such a hot idea.
Master Architect/3 3 2 3 Swordsman/Master Entertainer
Former Intrepid server civilian
I WANT MY ALEX BACK!