View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDS-91 View Post
IMO, I think that is what really killed the live version of SWG out of the gate. Soooo many people were fed up with the constant bugs, they left and vowed never to come back. That coupled with lack of content and unfinished professions, it really never had a chance. If the original devs had just done something to keep the investors & LA off their backs for even another 3 months (6 would have been ideal), they might have had a better shot. Less bugs, more content, MUCH happier playerbase. They could have bought themselves a little time to hash out the rest of the professions. People would have still been pissed, but it wouldn't have been near as bad.

If the emu devs keep fixing this stuff like they are before they actually release it, they'll make up for the biggest mistake the original had.
i agree. i only hope that people remember that the swgemu devs are not paid employees, as the soe devs were. i know most people who use the forums regularly would think thats s stupid thing to point out, but these guys are doing this in their spare time and it gets me flustered when people get upset about server downtime/etc. (not that anyone has in this thread, but inevitably there will be like 15 "wtf i cant log in" threads. so if anyone reads this and is considering making another, pls dont)