View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM

Well, the one thing that this has made abundantly clear to me is that the majority of the community surrounding this game is simply not one that I can continue to test and enjoy the game with. It's too divided and hostile. Certainly I took a side in the wipe debate, but I tried to state my thoughts clearly, and was open to consider the arguments of others. Most of the hundreds of pages of posts I read were just bitter hostility, though I appreciate those which rose above that.

Long story short, this will be ignored or I'll get a "QQ more, noob" or something, which is fine. How I feel about the community isn't the reason I made this post...

I simply ask that this account and its associated information be deleted as I have uninstalled the emulator and SWG and don't intend to return at any point in the near future. I like to tie up loose ends like that, and it would be much appreciated.

And lastly, I would like to thank the developers of this project. I installed it out of curiosity to see how the project was coming along, and to see if there was anything I could do to help, and spent a couple weeks playing with it. What you've accomplished is genuinely impressive, and allowed me to relive those memories of 2004 and the only MMORPG I ever played quite convincingly, lantern birds and all. Damn elusive Lantern Birds of memory. Never could remember what they looked like.

I wish you success with completing this project, as I'm sure that in a finished state with a broader community it would be a very enjoyable experience indeed.