View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM

I guess the only question I can ask is prety simple here after reading the alst few pages. Is the rule of the EMU staff a republic or a democracy? The difference is prety simple:

A repbuplic is a system where the rules are the rules and must be followed by ALL persons in the community includeing those incharge. There may be a policy inplace to amend the rules but they usualy involve a lengthy process and an overwhelming majority of the governing and the governed to approve.

A democracy is where there are rules, but they are totaly flexable and changeable according to the whims of the governing body and people.

So which is it? are there rules that everyone must follow no matter who they are or are there rules that can be so easily bent and changed with whim?

Once again I believe if you cheat at a game you cannot win, and there is no winning in SWG, then you are the worst form of already contemptable group. If you are finding and reporting cheats to the staff for helping the server then you aren't cheating unless you continue to do so after you have descovered it, confirmed it, and reported it. If an individual is found acting in an inapropriate manner, I think they should be warned the first time, and if caught again they should be given no discourse except to apeal after the implimentation of thier punishment. Such an apeal ofcourse would find difficulty in overturning said punishment as proof of a first warning would be maintained aswell as any proof of the second offence.

Gods, I think I shoulda been a lawyer.

Edit: In adition since the main goal of the staff should be the completion of the project perhapse it would be wise to "hire" a few more CSRs to look into issues from the players who are farthest removed from them or when the need arises for an issue to be looked into perhapse "deputise" a player with no attachemnts to any party of the insident to fully look into the matter and report to the staff all of their finding and their suggested course of action as per the posted rules. Or mabey I'm crazy. I think it might be alot easier for the staff to say "we have an issue with so an so, you random player who knows none of the involved persons look into it" or "You CSR person who's job it is only to look into such matters check it out" than to take the time out of their development of the end product which we have all been waiting for since before many people here had to shave.

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice

Last edited by Emokho; 10-19-2009 at 03:55 PM.