View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
I think he did that in the first place and yet somehow I'm still arguing with him.

Again, since when does "I wish they'd remove rubberbanding," mean "I would prefer speedhackers to get away with things over this rubberbanding."

Ok, hypothetical here. Government has a website that has top security information on it. Hackers find a way to steal information. Webmasters apply a prevention method that, without originally realizing it, slows down the speed of the website enormously. Now, here are the options:

A) Let the hackers run free and remove the prevention while working on a fix, because obviously the information will be wiped someday anyway, seeing as it's top secret.

B) Leave the prevention there until they can fix the security method, causing a lot pain for access, but preventing security leaks.

Hmm, I wonder which is better...

And no, his last thing was derisive sarcasm, not trolling. It becomes very tempting to use statements like that if the person you're arguing with doesn't seem to be understanding anything you're saying.

Should I start calling you a troll every time you use a cuss word? Look up the definition ffs.
That example was HORRIBLE, man. I'll fix it for you.

Government has a website that let's you play flash-games, however it's a test-bed and will be completely wiped clean. Hackers hack in and give themselves the highest scores. The government adds an anti-hack but in doing so slows the site down to worse then 56k standards. Now because of this no one can test the new flash games. Their options are:

A: remove the anti-hack software, let the hackers enjoy their meaningless high scores while letting everyone else test the games

B: Leave the anti-hack on, and thus severely limiting the testing that can be done because it takes forever to do anything.

Hmmm, I wonder which is better....

Cuz in the end, that's the point. The server's gonna be wiped, anything the hackers obtain is meaningless, it'll all be taken away. So is it worth keeping them from cheating to get something they wouldn't be able to keep anyways, if it means making testing inefficient and pissing majority of the community off? If you can legitimently answer yes to that.... then wow.