View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynow View Post
I understand where the poster is coming from even if he is not correct in what he is asking. In the very least, it is Christmas and it is the time of giving.

I can say that i would like to donate, and going back to his point just a little, where is this project going? I log onto TC quite often only to find that nothing has been changed. I know that it is open source now and that things are "supposed" to flow much quicker now, but is it wise to have the TC up when nothing new has gone in for quite awhile? Is something going to go in anytime soon?

Again, i wish for only the projects success, but i do understand why others (even some people not posting) may hesitate in donating when they really don't know where the project is or how much is left to go.

Best of luck...im on your side.

It isn't unfair to ask for the release date, however, it's unfair to imply that we can put our lifes on hold to make swgemu. The last week alone has been HUGE for swgemu, we've gotten a ton accomplished from all of the people pitching in with opensource, and we've updated testcenter with the newest build several times. Oru, TA and Ramsey have been working almost FULL time cleaning up commited code and getting it in a state where it is ready to be put on test, and I'm sorry to say that a lot of the work that gets done is under the hood. I don't expect people to understand that, but without the foundations in place we can't necessarily build any solid structure on top.

Also - -please don't deduce that money is what is keeping this project afloat. The dev team will keep it above water out of our own pockets for as long as we can. No one wants to just let it die, but test center is very important to the project's future. So think about lending us a hand.

Last edited by Seaseme; 12-17-2007 at 07:02 PM.