View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

I'd like to make a donation I am a preCU vet who still keeps in contact with about 5 or 6 preCU vets IRL. One of my previous job duties was as fundraiser for a special university program. I'd be happy to hit up the SWG vets i know and see if they could spare 15-20 dollar each, but i have a few questions first. These questions are for the primary devs on this project, i'm not looking for feedback from anyone outside that circle.

If Jon or Jane Doe (lovers of the original SWG) were to make a cash donation by paypal, where will the money go?

What will the funds be spent on specifically? How will it be distributed? Can an increase in funding / donations, etc increase the productivity of the core development team? Are there resources that are needed that can be donated, but not in cash? What are those resource(s) if they exist? Would it be possible for a dev to outline the expenses in detail involved with the project and create a graphical representation of how much is needed for each resource, vs. what has been donated (historically) and where each resource stands in terms of project completion.

Anyhow, when i get my tax return i'll send at least 20 dollars, but i'd like to see some details on where the cash would going & have transparency / updates regarding the spending of the money. i think that would really help in any fundraising efforts.