View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
While we still are taking a hardline on exploiting, the staff realizes that during development, there is a need to expose problems before we can enact the Zero-Tolerance policy as needed on a finished server.

With this announcement, we are officially organizing the Exploitation Team as a part of our Quality Assurance team. They will have the sole purpose of uncovering exploits and being a point of contact for community members that do find exploits. More information will be released on this team in the coming weeks.

To clear up a sore subject now that we have all the facts, I would like to address the recent banning of a known exploiting guild. Contrary to public belief and statements made by staff members, no one was able to exploit their way to jedi. The community member in question, Ashur, has in fact been extremely helpful in helping uncover serious Test Center flaws and is part of our Exploitation Team, but due to some communication breakdowns has received an unfair reputation. He did in fact get caught speed hacking, but was immediately cooperative. The subsequent reports are untrue. He was accused of speed hacking publicly, when in fact it was a legitimate use of FR3 which, like many of the jedi skills, are getting there first real tests and many are very bugged and broken. A number of the other members of the guild will continue to stay banned permanently because of their unwillingness to cooperate and immaturity in the matter, but a handful of the mature, and talented members have chosen to leave the Dark Side, and use their powers for good. Please welcome these people and treat them accordingly.

To reiterate the previous post, behavior from the community, and sadly, even staff,will no longer be tolerated when it is designed to undermine the project or community.

Regards,
We know where you are going with this.
I have to admit it is very clever in a way, and that it must feel good to be able to solve two problems by combining them into a solution. -1 x -1 = 1 ....we can do the maths too. I do believe it is brilliant.
But no matter how brilliant the idea, the application is bound to fail.

Of course, anyone with a little common sense will agree with the Devs to say that hack testing must be performed before the SC goes live, and after all this is a Test center and that's what it's here for.

But what most us can't understand though, is why you chose those people to do the job? This "handful of the mature, and talented members" have been allowed back on the server. Fine.(so much for the zero-tolerance policy that the majority of us supported). Now they should sit in a corner, think about what they did and thank Devs everyday for the opportunity they were given. An opportunity they were given several times for some of them.
But there is no reason they should be given a position of authority on the EMU. Nor any responsibilities.
Forget the "catch me if you can" fantasy, as stated before, these people didn't invent anything brilliant nor did anything any other person with very little computer skills could do.
Set up an exploitation team, that's a great idea. We all support this. But don't publicly explain this whole redemption business to us, because no matter the arguments, we won't believe in it.
We don't want asschickens in the SWGemu team. By allowing them in, you're only just insulting the former members of QA.

Maybe I'm a little bold again here. But when SC goes live, you will have to face many fierce debates with the community and there will be bolder people.
Maybe I should keep being more and more impudent as everyday goes by. Who knows, I may end up in the Uprising Prevention Team.

-Hayyah-

*EDIT* +1 for Valkyra and +1 for the "Slave Exploit Sniffers" title.