View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

*Password Security*

As we start getting closer to the time when the frogs are gone from test center, and XP, crafting, and normal progression are on the horizon, it is important for us to address security. After conversations with a number of users, we want to make sure that people in the community have the knowledge of how to keep their accounts safe, not only their SWGEmu passwords, but passwords to everything they use. I am going to share a few links that I would advise everyone to glance at regarding how to make a secure password. I have been thinking about this issue for some time now, and have actually made it part of my senior project for college. If you would take a second to fill out a short survey designed to just make you think about your own passwords, you might be surprised at how insecure your password actually is. After the short 30 second survey, I have linked to 3 sites that really touch on the major points of the "how" in making a secure password. Click Here

P.S. Not only will this help you out with passwords, but it will greatly help my data collection for my school project!

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide