Thread: 278....
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Maybe straying OT here... but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geral View Post
It was fun, there were some connectivity issues but once we got going I was impressed. We can beat 300, and I look forward to more content.

I dug this out of zipped screenshots, when we tried to crash the server it reminded me of a protest in theed a long time ago about their announcement to delay the CU and push out JTL.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/603...hot0093ll4.jpg

I don't know how many people but it lagged like no tomorrow

That screen makes where that guy is shouting that he wants more alternatives than just composite armor makes me think that they should just have taken out the need for armor, by simply making skills better or reducing the impact of dam / or mitigation, so you could wear anything. Now some people would still wear armor for the style, I guess. Like mando, RIS, padded, etc. Despite the ruin for AS, this would have brought the opportunity to people to wear whatever they liked, and such. Since it is an MMO, that would have been a welcomed solution for most players, I reckon. There would be an initial test of balance between the skills / reduced dam / resistance that you had, but as composite were pretty much always around 80-90% I don't see how that would have been very difficult.

Ex Pre-CU Golden era of SWG Veteran since Aug 2004.