Thread: 278....
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogulus View Post
I have 100/10mbit and without router so its not my network, my pc can handle the game on max settings too, but i tested just within the first 30-40 min. i dunno if the server got better after that!
err.. your network CAPABILITY has nothing to do with how your internet is functioning at the moment. Everyone that uses broadband has 10/100/1000mbit wired ethernet or 54mbit wireless. Besides, no broadband internet uses all of your network speed, only a tiny fraction of it (normally 3mbit download, 1mbit upload). Full network speed is usually only implemented when transferring in-house data from one pc to another via hub or switch or router (or even peer-to-peer).

your INTERNET may be having problems beyond yours and your computer's control (ie: internet provider might be doing an upgrade on their server or someone killed the hamster that powers your provider's servers, or even the weather has a say on how well your internet runs).

The guy who replied to you is absolutely correct. It was your internet connect in or out of your house because you alone disconnected and/or lagged while noone else has (once everyone got through the login hammering problems).

=)

Good work devs! /tiphat