View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 PM

As a new member of the community, and having listened to people I played on Bria with (known for its hacking and exploiters), as well as having read over a dozen pages in this thread, I can see the value in both sides of the argument.

The community needs to put down the hatchet of divisiveness and come together on this. Corbaer makes a good point; this is not the final product. This is the testing phase. Yes, even the testing phase needs principles that people like DraGa and others have said, but let's be realistic about this.

They are developing this game FOR US, free of charge, on THEIR time. Whether we like it or not, we're going to have to bend with the wind like the reed, or break and die. Yes, what happened was probably (I state this inconclusively because I don't know all the facts, but get the gist) ridiculous and unacceptable, but the attitudes of some of the community members in response to this dilemma have been equally atrocious.

Think on this: In the end, when the final edition goes live and there are no more server wipes and your earnings, status, ranks and housing are permanent and you're thankful to the dev team for what they've done, and griefers and exploiters are chucked out on their arses, will you remember this whole debacle?

I'd venture to say you won't; you'll be too busy enjoying that TK/Doc, or your Def Stacked Fencer template with that cool stun baton. Or maybe your Medic/Swordsman def stacker with that 900 max PH?

My point is that the actions of BOTH parties concerned will determine where and how well this project goes. Don't undermine it by harboring grudges. That got us nowhere with SOE and now look! SWG is hemmorhaging a slow, painful, agonising death while I have to sit by and watch my toon of 5+ years wither because of an horrible mistake that was not addressed.

At least this team is addressing your concerns. At least they're communicating with you. Why don't you show some decency and understanding and put forth an atmosphere of solidarity and back this project to see the dreams of the COMMUNITY AND THE DEV TEAM come to fruition?

/OffSoapBox

-Thom