View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
This same stunt was pulled claiming "mah account was hax'd and someone stole all my monies" a number of times, too...
It's scary to see what lengths people will go to to get 'virtual' items. People who cling to things that not only don't really exist but are meant for entertainment purposes ONLY maybe should take a break from gaming and see the world in all of it's detailed glory .
As many have pointed out, greed is what screws up the economy, sadly, like IRL.
People who care more about how many credits they can cram their bank with instead of caring about friendships need to realize that that's exactly what ruined the real world. The thought that there are people who would try anything (even without cheating) to sell overpriced goods is biting themselves in the bum. Monopolies are a terrible thing and we should probably stay away from the Capitalistic model of 'do whatever you can to make more money than everyone else even if it means stepping on everyone else' won't fly in a game that relies heavily on socialization and friendship to even exist.
Wipe or no wipe, I would really hope that the Devs would try their best to control the ego maniacs on this server before pulling the plug. I just hope they don't decide to throw the server out the window.
Unfortunately it is illegal to 'pay' for an emulated server, so even if I were to pay 1000 dollars a month to keep this thing going I know I wouldn't have any legal say in what happens to the server.
That's just how it is I guess.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.