View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post
I Don't get it.. what is so hard to follow rules. why is it so hard to accept that they the emu dev crew is already going out of there way to let us even play while we wait for them to finish the or and such. This is NOT by any means soe you players don't need to treat them as such.

as a side note i think if maybe when you launch the launcher it should pop up a box that has that has this rule and you have to click ok. then it runs a check to see if the use has an active account if so right there is bans both accounts as well as the ip from connecting to the server. then it shows an email address to appeal to the bann.
I agree with you Soulreaver about following the rules. The problem is that under the current system only one person from each family can play. I can't create an account for myself and an account for my son, and using your suggestion I would get banned for allowing my son to try to make his own account at home, despite following the rules by having separate accounts and using 2 separate legal sets of Galaxies disks that we purchased. Nor can we technically play from home together on our separate accounts if it the mods get too sticky on this.

His first attempt to create an account did get banned as it came from the same IP address as mine, but he was able to create his account from a different location. But it is his only account and we are both following the rules and so hopefully will not get banned by playing from home together.

I fully understand the need to keep people from cheating by having more than one account, and I'm not sure that there is a better way than what is in place at the moment. I understand that they do not have to let us play at all and I am indeed thankful to the Dev crew for all their work, as well as allowing us to play while work is ongoing.