View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbin View Post
@sumane: well, there is a link somewhere in a sticky here ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391 ) with links to all the patch files. i downloaded patch 14 manually from there. i don't think i downloaded a new client .exe, and i can get on the TC fine, but i might be wrong about that, as i did run the installer exe before finding the patch myself.

as an aside, why would you assume that .net 2.0 is the microsoft product with the 'bugs' as you called them in it? unless you've gotten the emu to run in wine or cygwin or something, i can only assume you're already running windows xp. why wouldn't the bug or backdoor be present already? furthermore, why wouldn't it be your ISP, or just some mysterious gigantic packet sniffer logging everything everyone does on the internet?

my point is: i highly doubt that .net framework does anything more than provide a way for programmers to more easily roll out their software in an all-windows environment. it certainly isn't a necessary piece of software to get along just fine, but i am fairly certain that if m$ or the illuminati or whoever wanted to own your computer, they wouldn't bank on an optional piece of software to get it done. food for thought...
yea the bug thing was a bit of a joke, ive just messed up my computer too many times by installing unnecessary junk, at the moment its running sexily, and i wanna keep it that way, its just more hassle to update windows than its worth to be honest. all i want is a download link to the client, im in the process of moving house at the moment and my pc wont get here till late tomorow so i dont really need it till then.