View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunZU View Post
Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
Dear SunZu, I'm not sure if you even read Ultyma's post. But, running this project costs MONEY. Just like things in the real world do. This isn't SunZu's happy fantasy land. Test Center, Our website, IRC all cost money to run. It wasn't a threat to you that we were shutting down, we would keep this going for as long as possible, but considering none of us are superrich and we have 30,000 members and have sustained this project for 3+ years it is getting a little pricy.

Once again, it wasn't a threat. It's reality. Things cost money. Believe me, we didn't want to post this thread because of people like you/posts like yours. We've explained the server costs -- Test Center is $200/month. Website is around $30 a month, IRC is $10, and very soon we'll run out of space on Assembla and be forced to pay another $30 a month.

This stuff isn't cheap. We're just asking for a little help with it all. No one is forcing you to donate, no one is threatening anything. We are just telling you the reality of this all. I certainly wish that it wasn't necessary, but us being called thieves, scammers, etc really gets under my skin. So if you have the need to call us it feel free to do it somewhere else, this really, really isn't the place.

This is the last argumentative post that will be here. Like i said, this isn't the place to post your little conspiracy theories regarding swgemu. If you don't want to donate then don't. That's fine, as ultyma said, that's why it is called a donation. We aren't demanding payment. I've said it before, we're fine paying as much as we can out of our own pockets, but we won't be able to do that forever.

Thanks again to all who have donated -- If you feel the need to flame us or whatever in here, be warned you're wasting your time. I'm just going to delete it.

@biophilia - You're starting to run dry man. If you don't feel safe donating to us that is fine. Don't. Quit filling up this thread with nonsense.

Last edited by Seaseme; 12-19-2007 at 10:25 AM.