Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
Think about it, the first to release a emulator will obviously get the most interest out of the community. I mean you have to face a few things here, the majority of people working on the "Other" team, once worked right here, they were the ones that REALLY got the SWGEmu team pushed into speed. I'm sure we all remembered when Xeno and Snow abruptly took off, and some of us have no idea why that even happened, and now look.. they're part of a 12+ team, who knows.. Ant could even be working on that specific core. SWGEmu, here's a clue, whatever you did in the past.. seriously.. don't do it again. Recruit some more coders, and treat them with more respect and you just might pull through with a better server, as far as I see it now.. there's a really big handful of high quality coders working on this "Other" Emu. You better work fast or get better with the updates, because what that other team has released is more than you have. You guys know what you need to do to increase traffic around here, I suggest you get on it if you really want to get the community started.
I agree. Its all about communication. When Xeno was on the old forums, he was very much a nice guy in relation to the community. He cancelled a ban I had received for merely pointing out certain facts, and listened to the community. People will have more faith in a team with good community skills. At the end of the day though, the best working emulator will be the one adopted by the community. Theres no two ways about it. If swgemu is the best, then everyone will use it, if the "other" emu is, then that will be most popular. But if you want support from the community, the easiest way to get this is through good communication. Be it in updates, or discussions, although most fundamentally important is being nice to the community and helping new members instead of creating an atmosphere of "1337" ness whereby all new members are demeaned as "n00bs" for being ignorant of the project. The very langauge of 1337 really gives the project a bad and unprofessional look, and the fact that people feel that the easiest way to win brownie points with the devs is by flaming new members really detracts from my personal interest in posting or trying to help out. Just my thoughts, take them as you will.