Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm very glad that this all came out. I think it's a healthy conversation very necessary for a community growing as fast as this one is.

When I joined the first SWGEmu forum, I was pretty afraid to post. I always felt like I would be eligable for the ban-bat if I spoke out of turn or something of the sort.

While I agree that many of us here need to be nicer and less insulting, to our credit this forum is much more inviting than previous ones. The Mods and the Devs seem to be much more laid back and generally easier to get along with.

I think we need to simply obliterate the remnants of the old system, so to speak.

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to make the FAQ, and the Client & mIRC setup guides more easily accessable to someone who is just entering for the very first time. Remember, these are mostly ex pre-cu junkies who are so exhilliarated to see a glimpse of the old system that many are too excited to look for information in a forum they aren't yet familiar with.

So I suggest a large/medium sized link on the front page saying "GO HERE If You Are New to SWGEmu" or something to that effect, with a list of the most helpful newbie guides in the forum. I think that would eliminate many of the stupid questions we get.

Other than that, just answer questions guys. But at the same time, know what you're talking about yourself. Sometimes Im posting in the support forums to help someone, and someone else has already fed them flawed information. I still appreciate that people are taking time to answer them, but please don't mislead others, hehe

I too love the weekly/bi-weekly update idea, because every update will spark the discussion(s) that the Dev team wants to occur.

That's all for now. Keep this thread going! Very good ideas in here. Please don't be too hard on the Dev team, they do bust their rear ends on this project and I believe are seriously attempting to make the community less stringent and more enjoyable.

Read the FAQ and Client Setup Guide before posting in the support forums! Thanks!
-----
If you need more support getting your client to open, join IRC channel #swgemusetup or Xfire me your questions (username: tehreeadz0rz).