Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.

Please encourage your friends who played precu to join and participate in dicussions on the forum.
I've been lurking for ... wow, I think about a year, but am only now getting around to registering so I can post.

Why? I've seen far too many people lashed out at on their first post because they missed some small point in the agreement. The zero tolerance for being human has always been very intimidating.

Yes, I tell people about the emu, but I've never recommended that they actually post here. Banning someone who's excited about the project because he asked when you're releasing is not building a community. It's getting people afraid to post. It was a mistake I very nearly made myself, simply because I was excited about the project.

After seeing a couple dozen of these I stopped visiting the forums at all. I'd only read the front news page. This was especially true after the Paypal fiasco.