View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 AM

I feel I need to interject here. Too many people are coming off with the "There will be a wipe when the OR is finished" line. That's not gonna happen for a long while. It's not as if the OR is gonna be done in a few days or something. The OR isn't going to be done for months. The TC is going to be the ONLY way to play the galaxies we all love until then. Which is why it's bothering so many people that the TC is basically ruined as it sits. The economy is shot, and PVP is ruined. That is why so many people are complaining. It's a test server with nothing we can really test in it's current state. It's the only way to play Galaxies the way we enjoy it, but it's completely fooked. And without a wipe, it's staying fooked until the OR is done, which won't be for months. So stop acting as though people are complaining for nothing, there is a valid reason for the complaining. The OR isn't even close to finished, which means we have a broken server for months.

That being said, it's not fair at all to take it out on the devs either. The devs are working hard on this project. They wanted to help us out, but they also want to keep working on the OR. They thought they could make the time to wipe the server and fix a few problems, however when they actually sat down and looked at what was going to happen if they wiped it, they realized it was going to wind up taking too much time away from their main priority. They aren't pulling an SOE by any means. They are still doing what we want, and that is to crank out the code to get a finished product working. They just don't think they have the time to fix the TC right now. Which, from my point of view (which is someone with some programming experience) is understandable. I understand how much time it's taking them to bang out all this code, and I understand that they want that to be their top priority right now.