View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
It upsets me when people think we get $10,000 a month.

There was a time when we were getting like $200 a month off of the google ads. But then people stopped clicking on them. So that is down to like $10-$30 now.

Donation's to paypal are few and far between. We randomly get $10 here, or $25 there but it's not consistent and that's when we run into the problems with paying for things.

I wish I could say to the team, Hey guys, we got $1000 donations this month, the server is $200 and other costs bring it to like $250. So theres $750 to split between us to go buy some beers.

But I can't say that. Because it doesn't happen.

I would LOVE to get paid for this. But I don't. And neither does anyone else on this dev team.

So to all you people who think we are profiting off of this, go buy a weighted companion cube because its the only friend you will have for the latter part of your adulthood.

Good day and Merry Christmakwanzaka.
Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you.