View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankensteined View Post
What do you define as "too close to the city?" Considering that most newbie spawns are 100m or less from the city, the statement about AFK combat grinding "too close to the city" with relation to newbie spawns like Meatlumps seems empty.
I personally define too close AFK to a city as being in the city proper or near a main egress or exit near a starport. Examples are:
1. AFK grinding on the faction NPCs that are located inside the city such as Bestine where you use to see imperial NPCs next to the starport. Killing them is fine, grinding them is fine as long as you are ATK.
2. Standing next to that main egress point out of the city near Coronet Starport AFK grinding meatlumps. Sometimes the spawns are practically on top of the pavement and AFKers position themselves almost between the two posts near the starport. This is more about prevention than to be mean. Jedi sometimes load in and must sprint to escape Boba. They will sometimes have to sprint in that direction to make for the open land. If you are too close to that area you might target them. If you hit them, they can and sometimes will hit back. This leads to QQing in #swgemusupport. Suggestion is, if you AFK grind, do not do it near doorways or main thoroughfares. Make sure there is plenty, plenty of space around your character.
3. Exception would be the triangular stretch of land with trees in Theed. It is found between the hotel (across from the starport) and the river. This is deliberately set aside as a newbie spawn area for Naboo.

Other GMs will have either more strict or more lenient interpretations. However, that is a good general guideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
At first i was confused about the list.

LD Stated the list was made from using the SOE EULA saying What is not possible/Allowed for them to do.

I was just asking why those points (3. 4. and 6.) were against the EULA

Edit: The Impossible Stuff was outlining what was Impossible so there is no point in adding that rule (If you understand what I mean)
Ahh. Understand now. Well, let's just say that the staff would rather be conservative and not take the chance of the community losing the Emu due to a Cease and Desist order. Maybe, one day, possibly, perhaps (let me put my Torres hat on to get the right level of slipperiness in that statement) it might be revised. No commitment is given on that ever happening. Do not bother to inquire. As it stands now, this is what we will allow on our networks.

Also, that list is there not because an item on there is possible or impossible. It is because someone who does not know anything about client modification, coding, or adding content has asked about something similar to be added. This wasn't written for uber developers, it was written for average-joe, non-coder out there to understand.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 11-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.