View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArclightX View Post
I find posts like these refreshingly honest and not the least bit antagonizing or ungrateful. He's simply stating the truth, being honest about it and saying it all very politely and respectfully so lets all try not to jump down his throat and chastize him like a leper.

Fwiw, this type of guy/girl is EXACTLY the kind of participant you want playing on emu once it's all finished and released. Some one who takes ownership and value's what's being worked on here. So having said that, jumping down his throat and marginalizing him isn't what I'd call a smart move.

I also agree with Johnny's remark, that this is entirely a volunteer effort and we are in the christmas period so that should be kept in mind.

With respect to communication and the importance of it, the truth is, when I was unable to log in yesterday (to neither the game nor the website/forums), after some searching I was able to dig up the emu irc address and logged in via mIRC but had to head over to that semi-private swgemusupport channel to find out what was going on exactly. Why? because I wasn't able to readily find details as to what the situation was. I posed a question in the main channel which was pretty much ignored so off to the support channel I went where ellysia was kind enough to fill me in on the details, (for which I was thankful for the communication).

Should the details of what the Server/Forums/Website status been readily available, in big bold letters some place obvious to see? in my opinion yes. It would have saved me a trip to the support channel where I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use to ask "server status" questions but the info wasn't readily available anywhere else that I could see.

Did I want to know what was going on because DAMNIT I WANT EVERYTHING FIXED IN THE NEXT 30secs!!!!! no absolutely not, I just wanted to know what the status of everything was. It'll be back up and fixed when it's fixed, I get that. I just want to know what's currently going on. For all I know it might have been a problem with me or my connection. Who's to know unless the status of everything is easily and readily communicted to those who care about the success of this project.
Bravo, sir. I could not agree more.