View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
True, but it seems like we've traded lag and rubberbanding for DEADLOCK SPAM!

Y'know what'd solve that, and keep the lag gone? An auto-restart that manually restarted the server every few hours. Even if it hadn't crashed, just a reboot every few hours. Keeps memory leaks in check, and should the server deadlock it'll automatically be back in a couple hours anyways. It'll suck for the AFK grinders, but the rest of us can simply rejoin.

Seriously. Have you ever been a crafter?? Moan all you want about people being afk but without it you wouldn't have anything to buy. Here is the chef grind mat list......

3.9k Vegetables
3.9k Cereal
12k Wheat
6k Oats
98.5k Berries
49.3k Fruits
55.4k Water

Now even when taking into account we are getting double exp atm thus dividing those totals in half, I'm asking you, whether you would want to sample all of that lot ATK?? I am prepared to bet the answer is no. Once harvesters are in then the issue will go away but I guess we'll have a long wait for that until the OR is done (just guessing there)

As for afk combat grinders, well they are just pathetic. But zapping all afk people will end up with the combat types having nothing to buy coz I for one am not gonna ATK sample 100k or more of resources for a elite crafting prof.

And ON TOPIC....... Thx for the update Max. Nice to know how the project is progressing
Soon: Copyright 2003-2009 SWGEmu. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between SWGEmu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, SWGEmu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as SWGEmu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."