View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

12/17/07 BiWeekly Wrapup

Well its been a crazy 2 weeks since going open source, and we've made some impressive strides. People are now beginning to understand and generate some impressive code. I'd like to start off and mention some of the community code contributions in development and submitted, over the past 2 weeks.

1) Resource Manager (kyle). kyle has been very active on the opendev irc channel and I know he is really making an effort to fully understand the innerworkings of core3. He is currently working on the Resource Manager which will eventually manage all resources done on the server. This is a big job and will not be something done overnight, but its nice to see him make an effort in this area of development.

2) Surveying (Ritter). Ritter has show me some of his work and he has done a phenomenal job of jumping right into the dirty packet work. Surveying is entirely possible to finish by the next Update, or even before.

3) Planet Map SQL locations (various). I have been tracking the contributions people have made in this area, and it was very nice to see so many people take interest and finish the majority of the planets at record speed. It's impossible to credit an individual for the progress made here, so I'd like everyone to at least glance at their topic over at the Open Source Development Forum. Mabye there's something you can do

4) Looting Discussion & Loot Forum

5) Packet Documentation. I am hoping to bring major portions of the packet documentation online in our trac packet wiki. Now that a lot of people are starting to understand the code, this should be extremely beneficial in getting some of the newer features to work. As for the Clustering article expansion, I was thinking of using our JTL stuff as a base for some of that

6) TRN/Heightmap Progress: I've made some major strides in researching TRN files, and right now its just down to figuring out some of the Fractal Affectors.

I'd also like to shed some attention to our financial status. In order to develop an SWGEmu precu server, we need to collect data from our live TC server. Unfortunately, people just haven't been donating. Please see this topic (click) for more info.

Last edited by Smusatto; 12-18-2007 at 03:10 AM.