View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=DavinFelth;199022]The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes./QUOTE]

K thanks for clarifying the tools portion. I was actually going to be interested in seeing what tools were there.

as for adding species.

I figured as much. I pondered this a few months ago with the UI bit. Have you successfully zoned into the game yet? I figure that it'll require some database information to be edited, and maybe you haven't gotten that far quite yet?

I guess all the species information as for size and weight and all that is predetermined in the mgn mesh files then, and you set the skin colors via palette file. Impressive work though. I was planning on fiddling with this myself before-hand, but you guys beat me to it!

What do you have left to do on the species? Just zoning and have the game actually distinguish your species correctly?

I might shoot you a PM later on and bug ya :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!