View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

3) Developer Perspective: ("Round Table")
Quote:
Ramsey:

I am looking forward to seeing how the new CSR system will unfold. I'm really hoping that it will make testing on the TC easier and a more enjoyable experience. I'll try to dig into the ingame knowledge base packets and see if I can sync the web support KB with the ingame one - it would be extremely cool if that were to work out.

As for missions, I think I've covered most of the things planned for mission in the short and long term. If you have any concerns/questions about missions, leave me a message in IRC. I'll respond if I'm around.
Quote:
Kyle:

It's been a surprisingly busy 2 weeks since the last update. Every single day becomes more and more exciting. The momentum that this project is gaining is astounding to me. I will be preparing for my summer finals for the next 2 week, so I may or may not have much for the next update, but then it is back into full swing.
Quote:
panchjr:

Having sorted out exploding and removing lairs from the zone. I am free to move on to other things. Currently I am working on a @spawnLair command for admins to enable better testing of lairs.
There is still quite a lot of work to be done on lairs, examples being multiple mobs from one lair, searching lairs and the lair mob spawning routine is simplified compared to live.

If anybody is interested we need to start putting together the lua files for lairs, at the moment we ony have Dewback and Womp Rat lairs implemented. Most of the data is available in the spreadsheet put together by members of the Creature Handler forum. It just needs someone to convert the data into lua files. The basic structure of the lair lua file is fairly simple but will be subject to change in the future.

If anyone is interested they can contact me, either by PM or on irc in the #opendev channel.
Quote:
sytner:

After a busy few weeks in real life, I'm back to work on the world snapshot editor. If current progress continues, it should be ready for internal testing within the next fortnight. The first public release should come a few weeks after that once any outstanding bugs are fixed and additional features added as deemed necessary.

One issue I'm currently having is how to properly include scale in the quaternion values, although it's not an important feature (due to floor plan and collision problems caused by scaling objects in SWG), I'd like to have it working and would welcome any help in figuring it out sooner.

Do feel free to contact me if you have any other questions/suggests with regards to the editor.
Quote:
Bobius:

My two-month hiatus is almost over. All the campers are gone, and my staff leaves at the end of this week. Now that the kids are gone, I've had a little more free time to sit down and code. I'm currently working on revamping the gm command system (the @commands). I've come up with something a little more elegant and efficient than an if-else sled. The new GameCommandHandler will also take in effect the new CSR system. Instead of having a single level of administration (admin or not), the system will be flexible, allowing multiple categories of users that can have permissions to certain commands.

I hope to be finished some time tonight, so look for the changes in the near future.
4) Closing:

The #1 thing to look forward to this week should be the update of the TC. The TC is currently on revision #400, and I'm pretty sure it's going straight to rev #440. That's a lot of changes being made to the server in one reset, and it will show how effective this new CSR system will be. Try to be on the TC as much as you can, and bear with us during the inevitable down time (which is being used to fix bugs).

Finally, if you haven't noticed, we have been trying to make the project more accessible for testers in order to restore Pre-CU. Please voice your opinion about any of the project's operations in the forums. A lot of the changes being made come directly from community input, every voice really does matter.

The next two weeks are going to be big, and we just can't wait

-Team SWGEmu

Last edited by bobius; 07-14-2008 at 09:03 PM.