View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 AM

I'll tell you now,

The hacking will never stop unless you implement some kind of software where the packet injection can be pinpointed from each client that logs into your server. I know from experience.

The Jedi system should be set back to the way it was during the current patch your emulating. Don't try and please people that think differently, its stupid and ignorant. The server is meant to emulate a certain point, so don't add stupid **** to it to make it any different.

If this is indeed an emulation, I'd try to shoot for something that is more stable on the return of a wipe anyway. If what you said about the server's OR not being even close to completion, I would hold off on it all together. It doesn't make any sense to erase the player and item base that you have worked on for well over a year.

A possible answer to your "OR": Open up a new test server for your current OR testing and leave this one to sit. You could even host both on the same console, judging from how much memory the current emulation is using. Its not that much more difficult, and its very possible with the funding you've been getting from all of these very very generous testers.

Focus on the known bugs first, and do the catering later. Its not worth everybody's time to redo the entire thing and start from August 2009.

IGN - ECHOES