View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
I officially second your suggestion regarding alternate payment methods. I don't have Paypal yet (even if I were to get one in the near future, that's being rather ambitious given my current position in life and I'd still have to fill it with money like any bank account), but I still wanted to give money for upgrades and stuff. Seeing that 500+ surplus of money can REALLY go a long way in expanding the gaming experience such as hardware upgrades as suggested previously. If money's an issue, we should all do our best to solve that problem. It's the least we should be able to do as game-base fans; just a lot of us are unable to provide the capital because of this limitaion and/or we simply don't have that much to spare. Otherwise, we should be seeing this forum loaded with gold bar stacks.
I use PayPal from here in Australia, and it works perfectly when donating. You simply designate the amount, in translates it into US dollars and goes from there. I get no account charges, no nothing, only when I am sending it overseas, or converting currency (i.e. into US dollars). Reason they use it as far as I see is because of its simplicity in design. It is done electronically, saving the need for someone to go somewhere to put a bunch of money/check's into a bank account. As I am a uni student, I don't get that much money, but when I do donate it simply comes out of my bank account via a transfer, and then from paypal into the donation coffer. Its a simple process with no worries added onto it. You do not require a tonne of money on there, it is a facility for you to put money on from your bank when you are willing to send it elsewhere - think of it as a go-between from your bank to the donation-receiver.

Security is great as well, as the site is secured and they have 24 hours fraud surveillance, and its double secure especially if you have a great security system on your computer. You can triple on that by changing your password regularly and doing the personal security measures, if one is the type to panic. Paypal also sends you a receipt to your email, and SWGemu does a one up on that and sends you a receipt to your inbox. In reality I can't see it getting any better. If your net isn't good perhaps have an alternate service, but if you have the internet (in order to play the emu you will need it), then paypal is easy as 1-2-3.

https://www.paypal-offers.com.au/personalaccount.asp - Thats what a personal account is to open it.