View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDiE' View Post
I am trying to get 3km up the road to kill some banthas and it has so far taken me 35 minutes to do one kilometer. Is that necessary? If it is then fair enough, but I suspect that it isn't. Can it not be, "tweaked," so it isn't as severe? I have to say though, a hack free server has to be worth it in the end.
Key phrase, in the end. According to what I've heard the emu isn't even in the beta stages, something as trivial as speed hacking (not even that bad of a hack) really should be the least of anyones worries. There's PLENTY of more important things that need doing, and need testing. We really just do not need the entire server to suffer from a feature that does nothing but inhibit everyones ability to play and test.

When the emu gets nearer to completion, and when everything is running smoothly and is optimized and relativly lag free, THEN you focus on cracking down on these hackers. But for now, just let the speed hackers zip around planets like the flash, it really doesn't hurt anyone, it just allows them to get places faster. Sure it's kind of annoying know they can just zip around while you have to walk, but in the end, who cares? Everything we do is gonna be wiped anyways, so wether you got it this second, or in a couple days, it's all going to be wiped in the end. So I'd rather spend those days NOT being thrown around like a rag-doll because of some unnecessary anti-hack feature.