View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM

While I can definitely see that many people don't agree we should have a wipe due to the fact that the OR is coming and it seems redundant, which it does, I see the value in the wipe. The wipe will do many things even if the game is left as is, this includes leveling the playing field for those new to the emu, and hopefully building up a sense of community as we come together to rebuild what has been lost.

When the newbies go running missions together, which was not common after the last wipe as we have way more people around now (so I'm told) we should see the grouping begin. Also I know more than one person who has been talking about guilds as if they don't exist, and there are a few but no one really knows one another, it's all about melee stacking and solo'ing anything. I'm not against that ability but at least there would be comradery for a while.

If they get rid of the ease of jedi unlocking, and make the uber guns disapear, weaponsmiths will start to see their crap needed, as opposed to the guy who farms Nightsisters on dath, and comes back and sells the guns for 200k to 400k. That weaponsmith needs some love too don't you think?

As far as jedi, yes the rumours were time consuming, only doing 5 myself, I can imagine what 15 to 20 would have been like. I also know, having had a jedi on live, that that grind isn't particularily loving either (I gave up on mine, unlocked in january 04, didnt play after february) so I can feel your pain for your template'd jedi, but the server is filled iwth people who started at different times, imagine what it would be life if everyone had a role, and all (1k ish I suppose) of us all had the same starting point. Yes some people would pull ahead, but the group would have cohesion.

That was my very rambling, very sideways and redirecting way of saying. Nuke it.