View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but this kind of infraction system makes me less interested in playing on this emulator for multiple reasons

A: Not being able to BUMP a trade forum post, resulting in it never being seen by the public after the first day or two.

B: 1.1 Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy for help. 3 points, never expires

If a friend is shown the emulator and creates an account while he is at your house, bam you are now banned for another person not being informed.

C: 2.4 Troll posts or threads. We define troll posts and threads as those which knowingly lead to inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of A) provoking other users into a desired emotional response or B) disrupting normal on-topic discussion. 1 point, expires in 9 months

Players used to use the forums to start IN GAME PVP. If you have not noticed, this has gone on IN ORDER TO GET OTHER PLAYERS TO LOGIN TO PVP. It has worked against the following guilds STORM, PROST, NINE, NUA, C, DON, and EVERY other pvp guild. I have to ask, what would you consider a personal attack as someone was recently banned for using the word SLOTH (for a long period of time as well), I have to ask... Will you ever discuss the rule with the person before issuing the infraction? Or just assume they knew what line they crossed?

D: Will there ever be a point in time where these rules are relaxed as it seems these rules are going to do nothing but get people who act like themselves, and not act "FAKE" banned or removed from this emulator. Everyone knows people that get banned find another way to play again.

For what reason was a connection added between in game and on forums? Removing the ability to post, as it was in 14.1, would be a more effective tactic granted removing them from the game only makes it so the player gets even MORE enraged and likely just makes another account after being banned.

I guess the real question is, are you really going to emulate 14.1, or just your version of 14.1? During 14.1, forum bans were not linked to in game bans unless it was not a minor infraction.

Why are minor infractions linked to in game play? Minor infractions should only effect the forums and not time spent in game.